Monday, January 5, 2015

Drew's Day

Bear {or is it bare? grrr...I don't know!} with me as I act all sentimental and crazy about my baby turning 2. I am trying to do better about documenting events - I will take 47 pictures of the kids playing outside and then take 2 pictures on Christmas. 

I tend to make a big deal out of birthdays. It's important that my children feel special and cherished on the one day a year that is all about them. I wanted to start the day off with donuts, but unfortunately, Drew decided to be 12 instead of 2 and was still sleeping at 9:00.



It's pretty crummy that your mom wakes you up on your birthday, but I think I made it up to her by immediately allowing 'Elmo song'...YouTube videos of Elmo.



We got donuts from my absolute favorite place in town and the kids loved them. Drew picked one with pink icing - she is truly my girl!


The day mainly consisted of playing, more Elmo, and a nap. We had to wake Drew up AGAIN when her Nana and Papa came over to spoil her with presents.

Once again she procured Nana's phone for Elmo.

Once again she also acted 12 and was SURLY about being woken up.



She finally enjoyed her grandparents {who gave ME a present by taking Trent home to spend the night} and we finished the night with a shared cupcake.




And she was finally happy about her baby doll from Nana!

You'll have to bear with me one more time as her well-check is Friday, and y'all know I love me a good post about stats!

4 comments:

katie@tulsadetails said...

Oh my goodness! She's so cute! And how lucky to get her to sleep until 9! We have never even come close to that here!!

the blogivers said...

If looks could kill! She gives a good stink eye ;) can't wait to hear the stats!

Kitty said...

Happy Birthday to Drew! Can't believe our girls are 2!

Karen M. Peterson said...

She's growing up so fast!