Sunday, January 4, 2015

Christmas Highlights

Christmas has come and gone, but I can't let it get too far gone without a recap. We had a great Christmas this year. We opened gifts at home Christmas morning as our little family and then headed to my sister's house to celebrate with my side.

Trent typically wakes up earlier than Drew, and there was NO stopping him from opening his gifts - even a sleeping sister. So he opened all his gifts before Sister.

Trent with all his gifts. Lots of Star Wars and books!

Drew got mostly 'domestic' stuff - we aren't trying to follow gender rules, but it is what she likes. Baby dolls, pots and pans, a broom set {or 3}, and Santa brought her a shopping cart and groceries.




It was hard to get the kids to open gifts at my sister's. We brought home several unopened gifts - they just wanted to play with their cousins!


Breakfast! {Notice Mayer's sucker...no such thing as rules on Christmas!}


When Drew woke up from her nap, we headed to my in-laws to celebrate with Brent's parents and brother's family.

We will be revisiting this picture...

Why open presents when you can watch Elmo?

 Not the best picture ever, but I love my little family!

Now...let's zoom in on the picture I mentioned before...sorry this is blurry but I needed to zoom in on something happening in the background. Drew with her Nana's phone.


And now let's rewind to 2013. Look familiar? I cracked up when I realized we had the same scene 2 years in a row {including similar wardrobes!}. I imagine we will recreate this when Drew is 30. {grin}


And with that, Christmas has come and gone and we look forward to 2015!

1 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

I'm glad you had such a nice Christmas!

Don't worry. Before long, the kids will be ALL ABOUT the presents and won't want to do anything else until every last one is opened.