Monday, April 2, 2012

Movie Review: The Hunger Games

Well, I didn't make it to the midnight premiere of The Hunger Games ($5 for Project 52).  But I did make it Sunday night!!  I went with Kelly, Rhonda and Dez.  We went to a local theatre that is also a restaurant and had a great time. It was so nice after a 70+ hour work week!


So I normally start with the plot synopsis.  But I think everyone knows what this is about.  If not, go here, and you can read about my book review and my first thoughts on casting.


Review: OMG.  Love, love, love, love, love.  I totally DID have a 180 on casting.  I loved the cast.  I loved everything about the movie.  Was it a little different than the book?  Yes.  Did it matter?  No.  I absolutely cannot wait for November 22, 2013 and want to read the books again.  SO ABSOLUTELY GREAT.  {grin}

3 comments:

Kelly said...

It was so fun and so good!! I had a blast with you guys last night!

Jill said...

i loved it too! i thought the control room was a neat liberty to take and i adored the casting too. i was a bit bummed by the last scene though, it was missing the cliffhanger the book had. but i was only slightly bummed, i got over it pretty fast!

Karen M. Peterson said...

I've been doing a lot of "I told you so!" since the movie came out. I wanted Jennifer Lawrence for Katniss long before they ever cast her and so many doubted me. I was very pleased to be proven right.