Monday, April 16, 2012

Broadway Across America: Mary Poppins

Last night was our 5th play in the 2011-2012 season of Broadway Across America.  We saw Mary Poppins.  My mother-in-law was super excited to see this one.  I was a little reserved.  I didn't think Beauty and the Beast translated so great to the stage, so I was curious how this one would pan out.


I would say I liked it, but I didn't LOVE it.  It was pretty different from the movie, but I've read it takes some elements from the children's stories that didn't make it in the movie.  I liked that it was a little different because it kept it interesting.  There were also a few musical numbers that were incredible - just really showcased the talent of the entire cast.  My favorite was probably 'Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious'.  However, I think it was too long and there was just too much singing.  Yes, I realize I was at a musical, but it was almost ALL singing.  So that being said, by the end, I was ready for it to be over, but I did enjoy the majority of it.  

Anyone else see it?



2 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

I've been dying to see Mary Poppins forever, but I missed it when it was here in LA. Hopefully next time!

Mary Poppins said...

I just saw Mary Poppins yesterday, and I think the cast was amazing but Adams performance (especially Step in time) was just out of this world… he is an amazing performer ..