Tuesday, June 14, 2022

The Party Never Ends

This was our second year to go to Houston for an event for Brent's company. He's lucky to work for a great company AND work with 2 of his best friends whose wives are 2 of my best friends, so I love going to events with his company. And excited for more this summer!

We started Wednesday with meeting Dez to borrow some dresses. I was supposed to go shopping with Kristen but was sick, ugh, so I had nothing to wear! Well, Dez ended up getting her nails done, so I met her to get a pedicure. I had my littlest sidekick with me, who got her own spa treatment and was IN HEAVEN.

Look at that smile! So happy!

The nail technician was so nice and let Paige paint her nails!

Thursday, we dropped the kids off with my parents and headed to Houston. Last year, the dinner was on Monday, but this year it was on Thursday. I picked a dress from Dez's collection on Wednesday night that I really liked! Susannah, Dez, and I got our hair done when we got into town - definitely not necessary but so nice!

All dressed up!

The wives
Susannah ~ Allena ~ Dez

Holding it together after 25 years together!

Friday morning we ate breakfast in the hotel. My medicine from COVID kept making me nauseous, so I was struggling to eat. Breakfast of champions of Frosted Flakes!


We spent most of Friday at the pool!


Such an amazing pool and view!

It was Susannah's birthday, so she got a bottle of complimentary champagne!

We went out to eat Friday night and then to a blues bar after dinner owned by Susannah's uncle. It was a really neat place!

Happy birthday, Susannah!

Saturday we got up and hit the road. We stopped for brunch on the way and then got home to get the kiddos.

Family style brunch - it was delicious!

The kids had a great time with my parents, in case you were concerned. {grin}

Making a concoction!


We are so fortunate to have these experiences, and I can't wait for more adventures!!


3 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

What a nice little get away! Your dress was beautiful and fit you perfectly!

Jinjer-The Intrepid Angeleno said...

Looks like a fun time was had by all! Love all you ladies' hair. So pretty.

I've had a couple of jobs where I got to travel for business: Anaheim, San Francisco, Sacramento, and Santa Barbara. I could easily live the hotel life and wish I had more opportunities to travel.

I think I recognize that phone in the last picture. lol Pretty sure we had that exact one when I was a kid.

Emily said...

Love that dress on you! The fit and style is so amazing.