Monday, June 29, 2020

TV Binge-ing

You guys know I'm not a huge TV watcher. I really think I'm an 80-year-old lady in a 40-year-old body.  My favorite hobbies are reading and jazzercise, ha!

BUT being home A LOT MORE lately has meant I have picked up a few shows, and I thought I'd share. This isn't a long list by any means, but it's a lot for me!

Tiger King


You live under a rock if you haven't heard of Tiger King.
Brent and I watched this together, and we both liked it but didn't love it.
The first couple of episodes were really good, but it felt slow the second half.
I still find the whole concept insane/fascinating!


Ozark


What Brent and I have figured out is he likes to BINGE shows more than I do.
So we have discovered me watching shows he's already seen works well.
That way when I only want to watch an episode or two at a time, he doesn't care.
Enter Ozark. 
He has watched all 3 seasons, and together we've watched 3 episodes so far.
It is so dark but VERY entertaining.


Schitt's Creek


This is one we tried to watch together 'new', but he didn't like it.
He probably watched 5 episodes and just didn't get into it.
But I was liking it and stuck with it and LOVED it.
This is definitely my favorite show I've seen in a long time, SO GOOD.
I agree it takes a bit to get into it, but stick with it and you won't regret it!


The Pacific


Brent got the idea to watch this over Memorial Day weekend.
He watched it when it was new {10 years ago ha} and thought I'd like it.
And he was right!
One of my grandfathers was in the Army and stationed in Guadalcanal,
and my other grandfather was in the Navy.
So this was VERY fascinating to know they were in the thick of this.
It was really well done, educational, heart-breaking, amazing.


Waco


Brent and I have started this but not finished it. I'd still like to though.
Having lived through the standoff and watching it on the news in school,
I was fascinated by this story.
I wonder if this is what started my fascination in cults?
I have read books and watched documentaries on David Koresh, Jim Jones, and Charles Manson. Hmmm....
One episode in, this is good!


Band of Brothers

Brent has watched this twice, so after we finished The Pacific, I was on my own.
Given it's almost 20 years old, I can't blame him.
This is so great! 20 years ago I couldn't appreciate war movies,
now I can and I am really enjoying this show!





3 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

I refuse to watch Tiger King..ha! I've heard shady things about Ozark so not sure that's my thing!! I'm working my way through Parks and Rec, Married at First sight last season, and Love is blind..ha..all cheesy shows.

Emily said...

Agreed on Tiger King: great in beginning and slower the second half. Honestly some of the best were the memes and pop culture references that emerged from the show (Chrissy teigen’s throuple with the amazon delivery guy). I’m torn on Ozark. I won’t do shows where children are in danger, but by children, I mean small children. So, for example, I’m ok with Stranger Things. I get mixed reviews on whether Ozark is ok for me or not. Yes children may be threatened but it sounds like young teens? Unclear. We never did finish Schitt’s Creek and our DVR only records for a month so we’ll have to wait for final season on Netflix.

Natasha said...

I'm so glad you're loving Band Of Brothers. I'm still waiting for the DVDs of The Pacific to come in at the library...