Tuesday, March 31, 2020

10 Things About Spring

Another day, another stolen survey from Natasha.

1. How did you celebrate Spring Break/Easter as a kid?

I don't really remember 'celebrating' Spring Break. We just didn't have school. For Easter, we spent the weekend in the town where my parents grew up. They knew each other their whole lives and grew up in a town of 1,000 people. We would spend the Saturday before Easter at my mom's parents' house/farm with her siblings {she is 1 of 7} and all my cousins. We would hunt eggs, beat each other up with confetti eggs, play baseball in a back field, and EAT. Sunday, we would get dressed up - always in a new fancy dress and go to church at my dad's mom's church. I grew up Catholic, so this was one of the few times a year we went to the Methodist church. Then we would have a nice lunch with my granny and sometimes my uncle and cousin.

I am nothing if not a maintainer of traditions!
We already have such cute Easter outfits...and nowhere to go this year. #sad

2. Do you spring clean?

Nope. We have a cleaning lady who comes every 3 weeks, and whatever she does is what gets cleaned - year-round. The end.

3. What's spring weather like where you live?

Mostly fabulous - warm enough for lots of time outside, there can be a lot of rain, an occasional last winter blast. We live in a great area that rarely sees tornadoes but we might have 1 in last spring. By the end of spring, it's already summer.

4. How green is your thumb?

It's black. Basically, I don't want to do yardwork, so whatever Brent plants is what we have.

5. A/C or windows open?

A/C all the way. My parents will keep the windows open WAY longer than is pleasant, but we are an A/C family.

6. How do you decorate for spring/Easter/Passover?

I have a few decorations for spring and Easter. I go ALL OUT for Christmas and do just a handful of things for Valentine's Day, Easter, 4th of July, fall/Halloween/Thanksgiving.

7. How do you get bathing suit/shorts/warm weather ready?

Well, I'm currently trying to lose weight, but normally I just am who I am ha. The one thing I really can't stand by the start of spring is how pale I am. At the very end of summer I have the tiniest bit of tan-ness. I am naturally very fair-skinned, so by the time I bust the shorts/bathing suit out, I am basically Powder.

8. Is your closet arranged with just the current season’s clothes?

My closet has all my clothes in it year-round. Even in the dead of winter, I can wear short-sleeved shirts and sometimes flip-flops, so it doesn't make sense to rotate. Plus I don't have a whole lot of clothes, so I have the room.

9. What's your go-to spring uniform?

Jeans or shorts and a shirt - either a tee or a blousey-type top. And almost always flip-flops.


10. What outdoor activities do you enjoy in spring?

We are really riding bikes a lot right now! I would say just being able to really play outside - go to the park, go on walks, etc. Our spring is so short before it's SO HOT, so I really try to enjoy it as much as we can. By the end of spring, we are in the pool almost every day! AND OF COURSE PICTURES IN THE BLUEBONNETS EVERY SPRING.



3 comments:

Natasha said...

I can always count on you to play along! :)

As much as I love getting all four seasons, I still experience ALL THE ENVY when you say you can wear t-shirts and flip flops throughout the winter. I WISH!!!

Kathryn Bagley said...

Cute pic of you in the bluebonnets! Looks like Drew :)

Emily said...

What’s your skin color? “Powder” LOL I’m dying. I understand completely. I am extremely pale and the first time my legs see shorts it’s like EEEEEK. I can develop a really good tan by the end of summer, but I lose it quickly.