Monday, October 19, 2015

John & Ninna: An Anniversary Weekend Wedding Getaway

Get ready for picture overload! We had a great weekend away celebrating our anniversary and our friend's wedding. The wedding was in San Antonio, so we decided to make a weekend out of it. Our hotel and all the wedding festivities were on the River Walk which is a really neat part of SA. 

Happy anniversary! We have no kids!
Can you tell we were excited?

My sneaky husband surprised me with roses in our hotel room.

And champagne! Here's to us!!

Rehearsal dinner shenanigans

Brent and the groom...friends for 15 years

Brent and John in our wedding...exactly 11 years earlier.


I stole the groom's niece and held her for literally 3 hours.
Brent is SOOOO in trouble!

This weekend did mean a break from Whole 30. I absolutely love Whole 30 {as I'm sure many of you are bored with hearing}, but it isn't a plan that doesn't allow for choices. I made the choice to enjoy the heck out of our weekend and boy did I!

Well, hello old friend! Haven't seen you in 46 days!

Saturday was not quite the day we envisioned because I might have over-imbibed {well, we both did} and needed a nap on Saturday. We had plans to have yummy Mexican on the River Walk...but that didn't happen. Brent met up with some friends from college who were in town, but I wasn't up for it. #oldlady

All dressed up.

You guys know how I feel about CAKE!

Everything was so pretty and nice!

Finally got a pic with the happy couple!

We went to a bar after the reception called So-Ho.
I had a chocolate covered strawberry martini. YUM!
The flash might have blinded Brent, ha!

We were much smarter Saturday night and headed to the hotel much earlier.

Time to head home to our babies!

I had to drive home with these lovely ladies the whole ride!
#firstworldproblems

While we were gone, the kids were absolutely miserable spending time with both sets of grandparents. They went to a fall festival at school, ate lots of junk, played at the park, got filthy...pretty much had the time of their lives!












3 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

Looks like a fun weekend! you looked beautiful for the wedding!

Karen Peterson said...

I'm so glad you had a great weekend! It looks like so much fun!

BG said...

Flash bothering me? Sure lets go with that