Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Drewisms

Drew has been cracking us up lately. The stuff that comes out of her mouth is just hilarious without her even trying to be funny, and it's stuff we always want to remember. 

She just looks like she's funny doesn't she?

One morning, Drew woke up before Brent left for work which is a rare occurrence. I got her out of bed and asked her if she wanted to go see Daddy before he left, and she said yes. So we went outside and Brent rolled down his window and she was sitting on his lap. Brent hugged her and gave her a kiss said he loved her and asked her if she liked sitting in his truck.  Her response? "I like pink birthday cake."

Almost every night after bath or shower time, Drew curls up on the rug after I have wrapped her in a towel. One night from under the towel, I heard her say "My eyes are cold."

After running errands one morning, Brent asked me to pick him up some Sonic. As I said Brent's order through the speaker, my little helper piped up from the back seat with "I want cake."


When we got fast food one night for the whole family, as Drew's french fries came out of the bag, her eyes got really wide as she exclaimed "Ooooohhhh!" Brent and I looked at each other and burst out laughing.

Drew and I were on a walk one day and stopped at a driveway to let a woman back out of her driveway. The lady {who was of a grandmotherly age} waved to Drew. Drew waved back and said "I love her." Well okay then. Later when I was recounting the story to Brent, I asked Drew if she loved me, to which she replied "I love that lady." Hmmm...

Being her mom is just too fun!

2 comments:

Karen Peterson said...

Ha! Get that kid some cake!

Kathryn Bagley said...

I love that lady..lol!