Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Sleeping Beauties Babies

This week has brought 1 really interesting changes to the Gurley household. The kids have asked several times over the last few months to sleep together. Trent has even tried to take a nap with Drew he was so excited to try. But it has typically ended in disaster as we have put Drew in Trent's bed or them both on a pallet on Drew's floor, and Drew is just not ready for that freedom. {I am SO thankful she hasn't climbed out of her crib yet because by this age, Trent already had!}

But this weekend, Trent had a nightmare and declared that he was sleeping in his sister's room. So on Sunday, we set up his mini-tent in her room, kept her in her bed, and decided to see what would happen. He was asleep a little later than normal and Miss Priss sang until after 10:00, ha. But they have insisted to keep doing it, and we've let them. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE that they want to do this.

It got me thinking of all the pictures Brent and I have taken over the years of the kids...sleeping. We are slightly obsessed. This is only a small percentage of what I have, but I just had to share.


The first time I braved sneaking into Drew's room for a picture!

The phase of wanting to fall asleep on the couch.

We take car sleeping pics too. Obsessed I told ya!


Weird positions? We got those too!



Looks comfy, no?

The 'I got in trouble at school and am taking a nap out of boredom' pose.


Sick nap...

Loves those crossed feet!

Upside down!


Dad's old sleeping bag? Sure!

Hand in hair...her pose.

Protesting her nap worked out well, don't you think?

And it is hard to take a picture of them in her room, but this morning, Brent turned the light on to start the wake-up process and neither of them were having it...so I went in and...of course took a picture!

Ignore the pile of crap in the corner please!

Love the bond my babies have, and I fully expect to be taking pictures of them sleeping until they leave our home.

3 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

They look so peaceful when they're sleeping :)

Karen M. Peterson said...

So precious!

Dee Stephens said...

adorable !!!