Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Movie Review: Insurgent

Unless you live under a rock, you've probably heard of the Divergent trilogy. Over the weekend, I got some girlfriends together for food, drinks, and Insurgent!


Plot: Beatrice Prior must confront her inner demons and continue her fight against a powerful alliance which threatens to tear her society apart with the help from others on her side.

Review: I think everyone enjoyed the movie. We noticed it was pretty different from the book but still good. The worst part was probably Tris' hair. Like laughably, distracting bad. {This is a theme that continues for Shailene Woodley - her hair was terrible in The Fault in Our Stars too.}  I'm excited for the 3rd movie and hope they don't continue the trend of splitting books into 2 movies!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Horrible hair! One scene it was just sticking straight up. I thought the movie was just okay. Sooo different from the book. - AP

Kathryn Bagley said...

Can't wait to see this! I completely agree about the hair..horrible!

Karen M. Peterson said...

I wasn't into the first movie and I haven't read the books, so I'll probably skip it. Good to know I'm not missing Shailene Woodley's hair! :-)