Monday, December 8, 2014

Movie Review: Mockingjay Part 1

Over Thanksgiving, me and a couple of book club girls went and saw the 3rd Hunger Games movie: Mockingjay Part 1.  


Plot: When Katniss destroys the Games, she goes to District 13 after District 12 is destroyed. She meets President Coin who convinces her to be the symbol of the rebellion, while trying to save Peeta from the Capitol. {If you haven't read the books or seen any of the movies you just went Huh? Ha!}

Review: I have enjoyed all the Hunger Games movies {and books}, and this one didn't disappoint. There's a lot less action as this book was more political, but I was never bored. I think JLaw is an amazing Katniss, and overall, it's a great movie. I also loved a song Jennifer sang in the movie and downloaded it from iTunes {The Hanging Tree}. Apparently I wasn't the only one as it went to #12 on iTunes!

3 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

I'm glad so many people are enjoying the movie. I haven't seen it yet, but I will over Christmas break!

Misty, Handbags + Handguns said...

Before I went, I kept hearing that it was boring. I loved it from start to finish. Yes, it's different from the others, but it was still SO GOOD!

I still need to review this on my blog. One day.. maybe..

Kathryn Bagley said...

Ok so I guess I'm the only one who really did think it was boring :/ For some reason I remember the book being a little more intense that first part..like more hiding when she went to see other districts. But of course by the end I didn't want it to end when it did!!