Monday, July 7, 2014

'Murica

We had a really nice, low-key 4th of July. We spent some time with my family and then watched fireworks with friends who live a) outside the city limits so lots of huge fireworks going off in their neighborhood and b) really close to a baseball stadium that does fireworks so we got lots of great shows! 

Another example of 'my sister makes really cute babies' {grin}

Sister has got to stop pulling on her hair as a soother - it took me longer to get her pigtails in than they actually lasted! Ugh.

Love this face - pre-haircut of course

Blair, give me silly. Give me grumpy. The cutest niece ever - officially.

Babs and her girls {Drew was waving to Pops}

You almost can't play at Babs and Pops' house if you don't take some of your clothes off!

He might be the oldest and biggest, but he also might be the silliest?

Love these girls so much - me, Lauren {and baby girl in her tummy} and Staci

Drew had to ride in the wagon too with Layla and Levi. What a silly girl.

And then none of the babies wanted to be in the wagon.

And here was my best attempt at capturing fireworks. Sigh.

DORK ALERT - It's funny because I was finishing up a book that is partially set during the American Revolution, and on July 3, I'm Proud to Be an American came on the radio and I got a little misty-eyed thinking about the characters in that book who literally {well in a fictional sense} fought for our freedom. It was kind of interesting to be reading that while celebrating our Independence - and it made me extra thankful for their sacrifices so long ago and the continued sacrifices that happen today by so many people {and not in a fictional sense}. Especially one of my faves. Even though Schuyler doesn't read my blog, he knows I love him, so thanks Buddy for all that you did!!!


2 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

Drew's pigtails are too freaking cute!
I didn't get any pictures of fireworks either.
My camera just doesn't do it justice.

Kathryn Bagley said...

Love Drew's pigtails! You look great!!