Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Birthday Fit For a King 5 Year-Old

5 years ago...I became a mom. I really can't believe. Those first few months felt like they took an eternity {I can literally remember crying in my kitchen to Kristen when Trent was 3 weeks old that I couldn't make it even another 3 weeks, ha.}

I won't get all sappy, but I do just have to think about the last year with T and what it's brought. A lot of it very challenging {therapy, school changes, mysterious leg infections, surgery, sensory processing} but ALL of it so rewarding. I just hear Trent's little scratchy voice {with his lisp} and my heart melts. He can be the sweetest, most wonderful boy. And to watch him as a big brother...can't top it.

This year, we decided on a low-key birthday. We've learned that too many people in Trent's space isn't good. He gets overwhelmed so easily at parties! So we had family and godparents over for pizza and cupcakes on Sunday. We're going to go camping sometime this summer with Patty et al, and Trent can't wait!

It wasn't a fancy themed cake this year {low-key remember?} but DELISH!

The future BFFs look to be really enjoying each other's company, no?

Loving his presents, that smile...I tell ya



Beau really wanted to see what this 'Captain Rex' is all about {shhh, don't tell T}

Singing!


Sister certainly enjoyed herself

Monday was T's actual birthday. And with a June birthday, you get to skip summer camp! So my sister graciously gave me her 2 big kids {she couldn't throw their car seats at me fast enough...I kid, I kid}, and I took the 3 bigs to the movies {Rio 2 at the dollar cinema, yo...super adorable}.

Nothing says cute like toddlers {um, big boys} in 3-D glasses
And Blair? Yeah, she's a trip!

After a super nutritious lunch of chicken nuggets, string cheese and leftover cheese sticks {of which, Trent ate NONE}, we loaded up to pick up Sister {who did have to go to summer camp} and went swimming with Aunt Patty and Mayer. No pictures because I was trying to make sure neither of my children drowned. Even though I held Drew and Trent had on a life jacket, I was still super paranoid. Maybe partially because Drew kept trying to catapult herself out of my arms into the water?

Trent finished his birthday with a hamburger and Scooby Doo! All in all, I'd say he's a pretty happy 5-year-old.

T, someday you'll find mom's silly old blog. I want you to know that you are my heart. I will love you forever and then some. I hope you always, always, always know how much your daddy and I love you and how special you are.

3 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

Sounds perfect! So fun, all the kids hanging together at the movies and such.
Where are ya'll going camping??

Karen M. Peterson said...

It sounds like a perfect birthday for Trent.

Now I want a cupcake.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Trent! Sounds like it was awesome!

Rhonda