Wednesday, June 5, 2013

First Days Back...


I had so many well wishes on Monday! Texts, emails, blog comments all wishing me good luck on my first day back. It definitely warmed my heart as I was a little apprehensive on how I would do...

Well...so far so good! It almost feels like I never left because it's been so seamless coming back to my work. Of course I miss Drew, but right now my mom is keeping her (until July 1), so that makes it great!

My first 2 days I had to go to Dallas for training at our own training facility/hotel. It is beyond nice, but unfortunately, Drew was invited to stay at the hotel. So she, my mom and I stayed at my aunt's house and I commuted to the training. {Like a legit Starbucks in the facility that is FREE. #allenawasinheaven}

We left Sunday and had about an hour or so detour in West for kolaches and to let Drew stretch out. 
She also gave both of us a present... Can you find it?

I had to take a picture of the directions because my phone wouldn't work. Ha.

Fuzzy pic of Drew's first time in the PNP. She did great on Sunday night.

I didn't have to be at training until 10:00 on Monday so we snuggled for a few hours Monday morning.

First day back outfit!

Drew was great for my mom both days and slept terrible Monday night, so I was exhausted Tuesday. We got back late last night, so I came in late to work today. Drew cried for about 30 minutes on the way home but other than that it was a great re-introduction to the work force!



3 comments:

the blogivers said...

Glad you BOTH survived and that your mom is able to help you so much with the transition :) keep up the good work!

Dee Stephens said...

yAY! YOU go girl! You look fabulous too!

Misty, Handbags + Handguns said...

My laptop is in the shop, so I haven't been able to respond to the comment you left. And I can't reply by email because it's not linked... Anyway, my husband's schedule goes like this. He works 24 hours on, 24 off, 24 on, 24 off, 24 on, then 4 days off. So one week he would work Mon, Wed, Fri and then be off 4 days. The next week he'd work Wed, Fri, Sun and then 4 days off. It constantly changes but it's easy to get used to the pattern and I have a calendar for the whole year. Vacations are also planned for the firefighters the year before. So we always know what we have to work around for birthdays and holidays. It's not too bad.