Thursday, June 27, 2013

Feeling Sentimental

Four years ago today was my due date with Trent. Maybe it's because 2 friends had babies today or maybe it's seeing how big Trent is getting...but I'm just feeling a little melancholy. 

When did my baby boy grow up?

I told myself a long time ago I wouldn't be one of those moms who cried on the first day of kindergarten. I wouldn't wish for my children to stay babies. And while I still believe that...

When did my baby boy grow up?

He is turning into such a little man. 100% potty-trained, {mostly, somewhat} rational, helpful, funny. He's learning to write letters at school and can spell his name and knows our address. He has conversations on the phone, asks almost daily to 'go somewhere', loves school, has friends, and a best friend (Miles). And his imagination! Oh what an imagination.

I love him more than I ever thought possible but for real...

When did my baby boy grow up?



0 comments: