Wednesday, January 7, 2026

2025 Books By the Numbers

I didn't do monthly book reviews this year, but did update this space with my favorites through July. I want to finish out my thoughts on favorites for the year and also share my stats for 2025. I read 134 books - my highest number ever, yay! My average rating was 3.89. 

I absolutely ADORED 2 series this year. Heartstopper and The Unselected Journals of Emma M. Lion stole my heart, and I'm so glad neither of them are done! These 2 are the TOP top tOp of my list for 2025, I am smitten.


I read so many good memoirs this year, but I would say these were my favorite.





My biggest categories of books were historical fiction and romance - no one is surprised.

My favorite romances {which I included historical romance, rom coms, and romantasy}:




Favorite historical fiction:


     

Now for some nerdy stats!
Author Gender - 82% women and 18% male - not surprising
Diversity - 31% diverse authors {BIPOC, LGBTQ, Jewish authors}
Type - 48% eBook, 41% audiobook, 11% physical

2026 is already starting off with a bang, I love the promise of a new year of reading!


0 comments: