Monday, October 9, 2023

Broadway Across America: Six

Sunday evening I went to see Six with some of my ladies! I've heard a lot of buzz on this one and was really excited to see it.


Plot: The story of King Henry VIII's Six wives.

Five ladies who enjoyed Six!

Review: We all LOVED it! The show is set-up sort of like a competition for each wife to share their story and for the audience to decide who had the worst life because of the King. It was hilarious! The music was fantastic, the cast was phenomenal, and I had so many emotions - I laughed A LOT, teared up a little, just overall a great time. I will say 2 things to consider - 1) it helps if you know the history of these women - the musical jumps right in so if you don't remember, it could be confusing. I'm so glad I read Catherine Parr's biography a few years back {The Ivy Crown by Mary M. Luke if anyone is interested} and 2) it's considerably shorter than a 'typical' Broadway musical at about 90 minutes - we appreciated that because getting home at midnight isn't my favorite BUT the price isn't adjusted for the length so I think that could bother some people.

Long story short though - WE LOVED IT!!!!!


0 comments: