Thursday, June 20, 2019

Summer Check-In

We are in week 3 of summer vacation, and it's going about as I expected - some parts are amazing {sleeping in!} and some aren't {Paige is a stage 10 clinger}, but we're making the most of our time together!! I thought I'd give some updates since I apparently don't have the brain ability to blog much lately!

I've read ONE new book this month. That's it. I've been re-reading some of my favorite series by Lisa Kleypas {the Hathaways, the Travises, and the Wallflowers} and haven't cracked open new books. WHAT IS GOING ON? I have Lost Roses by Martha Hall Kelly downloaded from the library and want to read it...but it hasn't happened yet. Maybe I'll hit 3 or 4 for the month? Eek.

Drew had her first dance recital, and it was ALL kinds of precious. We won't talk about the 15 minute FIT she threw the first time we put the stage make-up on.


Our babysitter this summer is Brent's cousin's daughter, and she's doing SO great. She basically has to force Paige to leave the house otherwise she won't leave me alone, but we're getting there. She's brought crafting activities over and doesn't seem to mind my forced commands to 'GO OUTSIDE!'

I need to do an update post on my weight loss. And I guess my goals for the year since we're almost halfway through 2019 - WHAT? As a sneak peak, the weight loss is happening...just ssslllooowwwlllyyy...

We've been spending a lot of time at the pool!


I did listen to the audiobook of Game of Thrones. It's been years since I read the books, and I haven't read the 5th book yet so I wanted to listen to the first 4 before reading the 5th one. #nerd

Paige started ballet and tap, and she loves it!!


I'm taking Friday morning off and am debating trying to find somewhere to go to get us outside for a good chunk of the day. I've been doing pretty decent at being outside more with the kids, but we're consistently at around 2 hours/day, and my long-term goal is to keep increasing that... It's just SO HOT!

I went out and just liked this picture. {grin}


The big kids each have to get a filling. It makes me feel like such a failure as a mom, but my teeth are pretty crappy, so it might just be our lot in life. Sigh.

Drew asked me to take this picture and post it on my blog and ask for a lot of likes. {I think she meant Instagram.} Ha!


Somebody turns TEN in 10 days!!!!!

I'd say we're off to a good start to summer!


1 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

Cute pic of Drew! It is SOOOOO hot out..ugh!