Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Life Lately

We've had a busy and fun {mostly, see below} last couple of weekends. I know things are really going to pick up in the next couple of weeks, and I'm SO looking forward to the holidays, but I also want to remember the little things too!

I went to a baby shower last weekend at Kristen's house. It was such a nice shower, and there's nothing better than time with my BFF and my beautiful Godchildren.


BUT...later that day...Paige started throwing up. We had a really rough 5 hours, and I felt really terrible for exposing everyone at the shower to her germs, but luckily, it was only Paige! She finally fell asleep on me at 11 PMand was just so pitiful.


I don't talk much about Brent's nephew, but he has a 23 year-old nephew who has lived in Maryland for a long time, moved back to Texas last year, and decided to move to Tennessee. We were supposed to go to a farewell dinner at Brent's parents' house on Sunday, but we stayed at home to keep Paige's germs away. We met him for dinner on Thursday instead, and he drove there Saturday night! 

Nana and Papa with 4 grands

Friday was Grandparents' Day at Paige's school. She was, of course, the star of the show with her grandparents, but she was also super excited that 2 of her cousins were there! My parents had Miles and Blair, so they also went to Grandparents' Day.


Friday night was our Book Club Annual Gift Exchange! We missed 2017, but we've now done this since 2013 and have so much fun.

Gifts galore!

Back at home Brent and Riley {another book club spouse} held down the fort.
Friends watching America's Funniest Videos!

7 years of reading books, drinking lots of wine, and having fun!

When your dessert drink arrives before you've finished your wine...

I drank too much and stayed out too late, but I rallied for A Christmas Affair the next morning with Kristen and her mother-in-law {who made our amazing barnwood wall}.


Shopping partners in crime

THEN Saturday night, we went to the UT football game with Brent's cousin. It was my first UT game, and while it was no A&M game, we still managed to have a little bit of fun.

View from our seats!

Band nerd for life...

They sell Chick-fil-A in the stadium!

Yes, more alcohol, ha!

If we hadn't been busy enough, I took the kiddos and we spent the night at my sister's on Sunday night. David was in Washington visiting family and had Mayer with him. We had a great time...minus Paige continuing her streak of being a terrible sleeper at other places and had a party from 12:30-4:00 that I did NOT want to be at with her, ha. We went shopping at Old Navy, made pizza, and introduced the kids {minus Paige} to The Princess Bride, and I had a blast getting some 1-on-1 time with my sis.

Helping make the dough {'I helping'}

Why are little girls shoes and clothes so cute?!?!

Who wants to borrow my sister?

Sleeping sweeties
{The boys were inside a fort so I couldn't get a pic}

Boys doing boy things

Pancake breakfast

We've started off our week of no school and work by decorating for Christmas - we are going to wrap the trees outside this year - I'm so excited! I'm ready for lots of yummy food on Thursday and my sister's kids are all spending the night with us Saturday so my sister can go out to eat with David because she turns 40 on Sunday, so crazy!

This time of year is THE BEST!

1 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

so many fun things! I love that you and your sister are close along with all the kids! Happy Thanksgiving!