Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Fall Bucket List

If a young Allena could see how excited adult Allena gets about fall, she'd be SHOCKED beyond belief, because young Allena always mourned the end of summer like someone who would never see the sun again. {grin} 

But adult Allena IS very excited for the fall, and I've put together a bucket list of things I want to do with the kiddos since fall is just around the corner! Although Mother Nature is playing a nasty trick on us this week with temperatures back in the 90s. Gag.


1. Visit a Pumpkin Patch - it's shameful how infrequently we've gone to a pumpkin patch over the years. Brent is not a big fan of things like this, so I'm going to go with or without him. Although I really hope we can go all together!

2. Halloween Festival - There's a festival on our town square that we've never gone to before. I think the kids would really enjoy it.

3. New Fall/Halloween Shirt - I love themed clothes and need some fall ones!

4. Carve/Paint Pumpkins - Another shameful admission - we've never carved pumpkins! So we need to buy pumpkins when we visit the pumpkin patch and have fun with them!

5. Family Photo Shoot - We haven't taken family photos since Paige's newborn pictures, and we really just took 1 picture. It's time for updated pictures! Another thing for Brent to hate!

6. Leaf Craft - I'd like to do some more crafts related to the seasons/holidays this year. I saw some really easy crafts using leaves, seemed fun.

7. Tree of Thanks - I really wanted to have the kids think about the blessings they have this year, so we're going to create a tree of thanks.

8. Make Pumpkin Bread - Drew LOVES to cook, and Paige likes to make messes help cook too, and I thought this would be a great activity. And who doesn't love pumpkin bread?!

This list might be a little bit aggressive given most of the list is stuff we've never done, but since we have about 2 months to achieve it all, I'm cautiously optimistic. {grin}

3 comments:

Emily said...

YOU HAVE NEVER CARVED A PUMPKIN?!?!?! I am completely flabbergasted. We are not a festive family for any holiday (although I’d like to be, I just don’t have the creativity) but every year since Adam and I started dating, we carve pumpkins. Nowadays, adam and I carve while the kids paint. It’s by far my favorite fall activity.

Erika said...

I just don't think fall was properly appreciated when we were growing up!! I mean, we did fun Halloween stuff and pumpkin carving, but there was not this wonderful emphasis on all the other fun fall stuff. Maybe then we would have appreciated it more. :) Like Millie isn't interested in a PSL, but she already is getting so excited about jumping in leaf piles and making applesauce...it's adorable!!

Kathryn Bagley said...

Love your list!