Sunday, September 21, 2014

Book Club Goes to the Movies: This is Where I Leave You

Book Club had another adventure to the movies today! It just so happens that the last book we read was made into a movie that came out Friday.


Review: We all really enjoyed the movie. Some of us enjoyed the book better and some of us enjoyed the movie better. But we all really liked both. I think the movie {screenplay written by the book author} softened up most of the characters and took away qualities that made them less likable in the book. A few things were tweaked here and there, and the ending was a little less ambiguous than the book's. The book was funny, but the movie was laugh out loud until you can't breathe funny. I really think most people would enjoy the movie. I know I did... I also enjoyed the wine and appetizers during the movie {and extra glass of wine after the movie} with some of my favorite ladies! {grin} Never mind that it's Sunday, and I have to go to work tomorrow!!!

2 comments:

Karen M. Peterson said...

I really want to see this one. I'll probably try to find some time to go this week.

Anonymous said...

Had a great time!!
Rhonda