Monday, August 25, 2014

First Day of School

I didn't want to be one of those mothers who got all sentimental about the first day of school. Well, that was before I had kids and they went and grew up too fast.

I just wanted to get one good picture of each of them and one good one together. They had coordinating outfits and looked so cute. 800 pictures later...

At least he's smiling about it being the first day of school?

Which is more than I can say for this sassy pants.

But I will say this is a keeper and framer!

Our report on the first day was that Trent had a great day {according to him 'zero means'} so we were thrilled to say the least! Drew was excited to go and both kids marched off from the car like 'I got this'.

Trent was too fast for me to get a pic, but here's Drew heading off to her room wearing her backpack. TOO big!

I got a smidge emotional when I pulled away because they are just growing up too fast. Cliche? Of course. True? Yup!

2 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

Yay for a good day!! Trent's pictures are priceless..he's so happy!!

Karen M. Peterson said...

I'm glad they had a good first day and that things went smoothly, especially for Trent.

And your first day pics are way more fun than a lot of the others I've seen. (But don't tell anyone I said so!)