Thursday, May 1, 2014

Movie Review: Divergent

I completely forgot to blog about going to see Divergent a few weeks back! I am shocked at myself, ha. When I read the book {just over 3 years ago}, I LOVED it. When I read Insurgent {2 years ago}, I still thought it was great... but Divergent was WAY better in my mind. I stopped reading the 3rd book after I got spoiled on the ending, so I'm unsure if I will ever finish it. Such a letdown... So I was curious to see what I would think of the movie.


PlotIn a world divided by factions based on virtues, Tris learns she's Divergent and won't fit in. When she discovers a plot to destroy Divergents, Tris and the mysterious Four must find out what makes Divergents dangerous before it's too late.

Review: I LOVED the movie! It was pretty true to the plot, I loved the casting {especially Four - who was Kemal Pamuk in season 1 of Downton Abbey - and who I could watch for hours}, and it was just fun overall. I'm curious how they will finish the movies out since the ending is very controversial...

2 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

yay! such a fun time :)

Karen M. Peterson said...

I haven't seen the movie or read the book, but I keep hearing so much about them that I'm sure I'll do both eventually.