Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Another Mom Moment Where I Will Likely Overreact

Thursday morning, Trent is having his adenoids taken out. {His dentist noticed he's a mouth breather, and an ENT confirmed his are swollen. He is probably not getting quality sleep because of this, and it might be contributing to his aggression/behavior issues.} 

It is a completely routine procedure. He will be under anesthesia for about an hour, and we'll be at the surgery center for probably 4-5 hours total. So all-in-all totally simple...

But he's my baby. And it's anesthesia and surgery. And just over 6 months ago he spent 6 days in the hospital as a very, very sick little boy.

So I am trying not to be a freak-out mom about this. Normal. Routine. Simple. Trying to focus on those words. And still kinda tearing up when I think about it. {grin} So any good ju-ju you lovely readers could send our way, I'd appreciate!

I mean...it's starting to get a bit creepy, right?


5 comments:

the blogivers said...

Saying a little prayer for Trent (and you!) - keep us posted!

Dee Stephens said...

I will be interested to hear how his behavior is affected. I bet it improves. Keep up updated and in the meantime, hang in there!

Kathryn Bagley said...

Praying all goes well tomorrow!

KristenW said...

All good things coming! We love ya'll!!

Karen M. Peterson said...

I'm sending happy thoughts your way and hoping everything goes perfectly.