Saturday, October 20, 2012

Baby Gurl Bumpdate - 30 Weeks

30 weeks = 75% of the way through! Very exciting stuff. This week I had my first appointment with the new OB. I met with the midwife, Liane.  She was so sweet, and I had a great appointment. Blood pressure was good, urine test was good, fundal height was good, heartbeat of Baby Gurl was good... I also was able to talk with her a lot about the way I want my delivery to go. We were together about 15 minutes, and she didn't make me feel rushed at all. Such a nice change from my old OB. I feel such peace about my switch.

30 weeks

Weight Gain: 23 pounds

Maternity Clothes: Silly question at this point. We'll just say 'yes' and move on.

Movement: Still a ton. She was head down at my appointment this week which makes sense because I feel more movement up high.


Sleep: Starting to not be great but still pretty good. Peeing more often in the night. I found an amazing position to sleep in early on in this pregnancy and it's still working. I hope it keeps working because it keeps my hips from aching which was my big complaint with Trent (and one the pregnancy pillow didn't help with).

What I Miss: Getting up easily, not tiring so easily...just normal ease of motion. Oh, and wine. Vegas was tough not being able to drink!

Cravings: I don't want anything healthy anymore. My willpower is probably going to cave soon, but I'm trying to hold out until after Thanksgiving. I figure once I'm 36 or so weeks, it can't really matter much anymore, right? Ha.


Symptoms: Nothing unusual at this point. Just basic aches and pains. Still no swelling for which I am so thankful. Remember this? That was at roughly 28 weeks. Hoping to keep that from ever happening again!

Best Moment of the Week: My appointment was pretty high up there for a great moment. And always hearing Baby Gurl's heartbeat is a huge plus! 

Worst Moment of the Week: On Thursday I had a meeting in Odessa. I was able to fly there, but there were no return flights or available hotels. So a co-worker and I DROVE back. All 350 miles which was almost 6 hours. I was uncomfortable a lot that day!

Other Random Stuff: My MIL has mostly painted the nursery! Brent made a comment and might like a different color for the bottom. Men. He finally has an opinion, and it's the opposite of what we have. But he might be right...

I finally think my bump is evening out.
And I think my face looks way less swollen to me!!!


1 comments:

Shannon Sentences said...

I read your post on Austin Moms Blog but couldn't leave a comment there, so here's what I tried to tell you there: Great post, and I'm excited for your going natural this time. You've made a great decision in hiring a doula, and you can do it - our bodies were made for this. Yes, it hurts, but yes, it's bearable pain, and it will end. Good luck!