Monday, August 20, 2012

Recipe: Spicy Taco Soup

Brent went hunting with his uncle last year and came home with a recipe that I make often (or I guess you should say often for me since I don't cook much).  It is amazing.  I've made it twice in the last 3 weeks.

Spicy Taco soup:
2 pounds ground beef
2 cans hot Rotel*
1 can corn
2 cans pinto beans (I've done pinto and kidney too to mix it up a little)
1 package ranch dressing powder
1 package hot taco seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
1 medium chopped onion (I usually omit this, ha)

1. Brown meat with chopped onion
2. Add everything else and cook for 20 minutes
3. Eat!  Brent and I put it over crackers with shredded cheese.  Delish!!!

This version makes a lot.  I will eat it for a week solid.  Cut in half if you prefer, but I will think you are crazy if you do!

My sis was actually going to try a vegetarian version with just more beans, so I will ask her how that turned out.  I bet delicious!

*I actually puree the Rotel with my hand mixer because I hate tomatoes, and this way I'm eating them instead of picking them out, and I think it helps make more of a soupy texture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Quit cutting onions out! It's called flavor. - B

KristenW said...

Agreed on B's comment;) I made this on Sunday. It's so easy and yum!