Saturday, May 7, 2011

Put Me In the Zoo

On Good Friday, Nana and I took Trent to the Austin Zoo.  My original Project 52 goal was to take Trent to the San Antonio Zoo, but when I really thought about it, I decided it would just be too hard at this age.  A lot of people don't even know that Austin has a zoo, but it is there and perfect for Trent's age.  The have lots of animals (lions, tigers, bears - oh my - goats, monkeys, birds, reptiles...the list goes on and on) and activities for kids.  Trent really enjoyed the train (tantrum thrown = a 2nd ride), feeding the animals in the petting zoo, looking at all the reptiles in the reptile house and just being outside in general.  We had a great day!

Getting ready to leave

This peacock was just walking around - beautiful!

Time to ride the train

We spent A LOT of time at the petting zoo feeding animals
{Yes, my son is sans shoes in a few pictures.  What can I say, we're white trash!} 

I love these pictures of him laughing so hard with his Nana.

And 5 minutes after we got back in the car...

Trent is really so much fun these days.  He really understands what's going on around him and is so observant and such a lover of life.  I love taking these trips with him, seeing everything through his eyes is such a treat!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Those pictures are adorable! I agree that the one with him laughing so hard with Nana is adorable!! I hope when you got home you washed his feet...haha!

Kelly said...

Oh and HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!

Allena said...

We washed off his feet before we even got in the car. Gotta love Wet Ones!