Oops, I let the first quarter of the year get away from me, and I haven't talked about books once! I read too many books to do a post about all of them, so I thought it would be fun to do a summary of my favorites and least favorites. If I can get my act together I do want to go back to monthly reviews, but no promises. I am on Goodreads and also post my books to my Instagram stories so if you want to see everything I've read, let me know!
I read 39 books in January, February, and March. 7 of them I gave 5 stars to. As I was looking at my spreadsheet {because yes, I have a spreadsheet}, I was a little surprised that SIX of the seven are non-fiction/memoirs! I always talk about loving 'chick lit' - and I do - but my stats are showing I gave the best ratings to real stories.
For the worst books I read during this period of time, sadly, they all fall somewhat into the category of romance - fantasy romance, YA romance, and a rom com. Am I getting pickier? I don't know!
I will say I've been struggling with Nora Roberts for awhile {she used to be a go to author for me} - I think she is just recycling ideas and not for the better. I had also been told 'The Summer I Turned Pretty' series was not as good as Jenny's Han's other series, but man, I wasn't expecting it to be as annoying as it turned out to be. And I've really enjoyed Jesse Q. Sutanto's Vera Wong series, but I will NOT be continuing with this series, boo.
I can't finish this quarter without giving a shout-out to the Game Changers series. I read 5 of the 6 books in 2026, and I loved all of it! They were all 4 star reads {with The Long Game getting 5 stars}. Who doesn't love a queer hockey series? The second book, Heated Rivalry, was released as a show at the end of 2025 and took the world by storm. I cannot wait for the 2nd season!
And there you have it! My first quarter of 2026 in books!


0 comments:
Post a Comment