Friday, October 17, 2025

Broadway Across America: Kimberly Akimbo

It's Broadway Across America season! Yay!  There are a lot of great musicals on the calendar this year and several I'm excited to take the girls to see! Our first musical was one I hadn't heard of, Kimberly Akimbo, but we had a small group interested in checking it out!


PlotKimberly Akimbo is a Tony Award-winning musical about a teenage girl who has a rare genetic condition that causes her to age four and a half times faster than normal. The show follows Kimberly as she navigates typical teenage issues like family dysfunction, friendships, and first crushes, alongside the challenges of her illness.

Review: Meh. Unfortunately we didn't start this season off with a bang. This was ok, but it will definitely not go on my favorites list. As always, the acting and singing was phenomenal, I just didn't love the plot - it was really bizarre and the family dysfunction was pretty extreme. My mother-in-law was there with a group of friends during the same show and her group felt the same way, but I did bump into other 2 people I knew when leaving and they LOVED it! So take that for what it's worth! Here's hoping the next ones are better!


0 comments: