Monday, October 7, 2024

Movie Review: My Old Ass

Neither Allison nor I have been super excited with the latest box office offerings, but I was curious about Aubrey Plaza's new movie, My Old Ass, and Allison agreed to give it a try.


Plot: A mushroom trip brings free-spirited Elliott face-to-face with her 39-year-old self. But when Elliott's 'old ass' delivers warnings to her younger self, Elliott realizes she has to rethink everything about her family, life, and love.

Review: So. Allison and I thought this was going to be more of a comedy. And it wasn't. BUT it was very heartfelt and a good little 'coming of age' story. I wouldn't say either of us loved it, but we enjoyed it and the ending was really beautiful! I would recommend it based on knowing going in that it isn't a comedy, ha!



0 comments: