Monday, August 10, 2020

Celebrating 40!

I had a great time turning 40 last week. I think it might have been my best birthday yet! I have really high hopes for what this year will bring!

I woke up with both my girls next to me, love these girls.

Brent started the day off right - gag gifts for the win!

I went to jazzercise for the first time in studio! We've been able to go back in since May {with special protocols in place of course}, and I haven't because we have the online option and it's just easier to do it at home with both of us working and all the kids home. But I told Brent I really wanted to go, and it was so much fun!

I got to go on stage for a birthday dance.
It was awful because I hate being the center of attention. {grin}

When I got home, Brent had my presents ready for me! He spoiled me this year - we aren't normally big gift givers, so this was a special treat.

How hilarious is this wine glass?

Does this guy know the way to my heart or what?

THEN Brent brought out the big guns. 
A new necklace from Tiffany! Holy cow!

Kristen surprised me by dropping by! I was so surprised I started crying.



She brought me these beautiful flowers!

She and my beautiful godchildren stayed over for about 5 hours, and it was such an amazing treat. We don't see each other nearly as much as either of us like, so it was such a special thing to spend so much time together.

The other side of the funny TP.

Just had to share a pic of this cutie. {grin}
Our neighbor and close friend, Karin, let me come swim in their pool for a little bit too! They have a 2 month old baby, so we're still staying away from them for the most part, so this was so much fun!

A close-up of my beautiful necklace! It's an aquamarine. I love it!

And I ended the day with steaks grilled by Brent and time with my wonderful family! Drew brought me her HAPPY BIRTHDAY headband to wear, so funny.

Kristen brought me candy too, so I enjoyed some Reese's before bed, yum!
Then on Saturday, we had a few friends over for a little get together. Not quite the same as Costa Rica, ha, but my friends made it a great evening. 

The tee was another gift from Brent, ha.

My ladies know I love sweet drinks!

And look at these cute mini bundt-cakes!


All the girls together! Karin is the one in the front row, had to stay away from us!

And with that, my birthday is over! Brent always jokes that I somehow manage to have more than a day, but don't we all deserve it? {grin}

P.S. - I'm using the new version of Blogger, and I'm not used to it yet. The spacing is all off on this post, and it's driving me crazy, so I needed to share why!


3 comments:

Kathryn Bagley said...

Your birthday sounds fabulous for a rona birthday! I love all the 80's candy!! Wish I could have come home to celebrate with you :)

Emily said...

I was drooling at alllll the yummy food. Also yes, the new blogger format is driving me nuts too. I know it's inevitable but I STILL HATE CHANGE.

Lindsay C said...

Happy Birthday! I just turned 30 last month and I am giving myself the biggest gift this week ... I close on my FIRST house (a new construction - so I've known about it for a while). I am wishing that I wasn't spending ALL of my savings but I know I am investing in myself and while the change will be hard I know it will be for the best.
Love your necklace from Tiffanys .... I absolutely LOVE their jewelry and is really the only place I get my jewelry from. Which color of slippers did you get??