Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Quarantine Mother's Day 2020

Like all holidays...and really all of life...things are different this year. And Mother's Day was no different. There was no church, no spa gift card {it's currently closed and who knows if/when my mother-in-law and I would be able to go, SOB}, BUT like every other day...there was family time! I had just a few requests for 'my' day - I want Starbucks, I wanted to go on a nature walk/hike, and I wanted Brent to grill. I'm happy to report I got all 3 PLUS my kiddos and hubby washed and vacuumed my car, yay!

I can't with this little nugget

We didn't make it very far into the hike before this one wanted the Ergo.
And then refused to smile for ANY pictures when she was on my back.

Selfie with my babies...you can sorta see Paige's forehead ha!

BEAUTIFUL view!

Beautiful babies!

Texas being gross

Nature is so ugly

And she STILL won't look up!

Monday I took the kids to my parents' house and my sister did the same with her kids. We stayed outside 99% of the time, took a walk down to the creek by their house, celebrated our mom and Blair's birthday {which was in April}. The cousins were ecstatic to be together after not seeing each other for 3 months! We practiced as much social distancing as we could with 6 kids ages 3-11.

Creek adventures in this creek since 1981

We got our mom these really cute birthstone bracelets.
Too bad Patty {November} and me {August} have the ugliest birthstones.

The babies playing together

So fun to have a Babs who was a PE teacher for 100 years!

Happy birthday, Blair! We love you!

The big boys - weren't they just the little babies?

SEESTERS!

The girl cousins - everyone was a bit loopy to be together again!

And sadly I got no pictures with our parents, ha!

Another Quarantine Adventure in the books!

1 comments:

Natasha said...

That sounds like such a great Mother's Day!!! And I'm so envious you guys get to be with other people not at a social distance. My kids have missed that so much.