Thursday, January 23, 2020

Three Things Thursday

Natasha posted this Three Things Thursday post, and you guys know me...I had to do it! Nothing I love more than talking about myself. {grin}

Songs That Make Me Think of High School

1. K-C and JoJo All My Life - Brent and I had many 'our songs' in high school, but this was probably my favorite

PROM!!!!

2. Nine Inch Nails Head Like a Hole - our class song! Bow down before the ones you serve!

Fun fact about our shirt: 
Originally the bowing panthers had '99, '00, and '01 on them and our principal wasn't going to approve the shirt. We had to remove those, but in our hearts they were still there. '98 Rules!

3. Metallica Enter Sandman - my track wife {Kelly} and I listened to this song before every race to get us pumped up.


I sound like some heavy metal person with these song selections which is 100% not true. I listened to mainly country and Top 40, but these songs definitely stuck out to me.

Things I Like to Give

1. Starbucks - I love to bring my people a little treat!

2. Giftcards - Who doesn't love a gift card? It's the easiest way to do a present.

3. Book recommendations - I could talk about books all day, every day in case you didn't already know that.

Things I Like to Receive

1. Books - Do I even need to explain?

2. Starbucks - My love for a chai latte runs deep and wide.

3. Candy - I am like a 5-year-old when it comes to candy.

Things I Hate That Many People Like

1. Nikes - I think these are the most popular tennis shoes, and I hate them. I don't have wide feet, but I swear Nikes are made for people with super narrow feet?

2. Foods - I have a long list of foods most people like that I DESPISE: tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, avocados, and eggs are my top 5.

3. Beer - Most of the people in my life love a good beer. Nope! I can handle a very mild shandy {heavy on the lemonade} only. Bring on the sweet wines or mixed drinks!

Clothes I Find Uncomfortable

1. Sweaters/long-sleeved shirts - I would much rather wear a short-sleeved shirt with a cardigan than an actual long-sleeved shirt, and I think most sweaters feel like they are choking me with their awful material.

2. Shoes - I would rather be barefoot at all times. You will catch me in flip-flops from March - October and I still try to wear them as much as possible in the winter. Two of my friends have really made me up my shoe game lately because I hate shoes so much I never buy them and I had a pitifully sad selection. In the last few months I've bought 6 new pairs of shoes!

3. Strapless anything - I think it's because I'm very busty {and gravity ain't helping} that I find strapless dresses or bathing suits or tops or anything extremely uncomfortable.

Things I Love Seeing Other People Post

1. Book Reviews - my favorite posts people do monthly and I wish more people did them!

2. Surveys - the proof is in the pudding.

3. Mom Stuff - I love reading other mom's struggles, successes, tips, tricks, etc. It's nice to realize I'm not alone or the only one who struggles sometimes.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I lovveee your two heavy metal highschool songs; I think it's so funny given your love of country. I had forgotten that NIN existed as a band, but I did love their music! Now I'm googling all the NIN songs that I've forgotten about... Also, I have the opposite problem with Nikes (and New Balance too) - their running shoes are way too wide for my feet!

Natasha said...

I am so sad about all the foods you hate. Boo.

And yes, down with strapless!

I LOVE that you did this. I might have another one coming up in March :)