Thursday, January 16, 2014

Movie Review: American Hustle

The Oscar nominations this morning reminded me I never blogged about Brent and me going to see American Hustle right before Christmas. Brent is often pretty pick about movies - so if he wants to see something I jump at the chance, so off we went!


PlotA con man, Irving Rosenfeld, along with his seductive British partner, Sydney Prosser, is forced to work for a wild FBI agent, Richie DiMaso. DiMaso pushes them into a world of Jersey powerbrokers and mafia.

Review: Brent and I both felt the same way about the movie - we enjoyed it but weren't BLOWN AWAY by it. We were, however, blown away by Jennifer Lawrence. She is just amazing. We both said she stole the movie!

So 1 Oscar nominee down, 8 to go!

2 comments:

Dan O. said...

There's always someone conning the other, which can bring on a lot of confusion, as well as a whole bunch of fun, which makes this an absolute blast to check out. Good review Allena.

Karen M. Peterson said...

I've heard something similar from my film critic buddies. That it was good but not quite great, and that JLaw is amazing.