Monday, June 4, 2012

Broadway Across America: Les Miserables

Last night was our last play of the season.  Amazingly, no one in our group has seen Les Miserables before, which I found surprising given its popularity.


PlotLes Miserables is about the lives and interactions of French characters over a 20 year period in the early 19th century.  {I know that's kind of vague, but it's that or a 10 paragraph synopsis!}


Review: I would say overall I enjoyed Les Mis, and it's probably my favorite of the season.  The music and singing were just amazing and the plot was enjoyable.  With that said, though, my mother-in-law summarized it perfectly when she said, "I like a little more play and a little less musical."  They.sang.the.entire.time.  It got a little weary because it's impossible to understand everything when it is being sung 100% of the time.


We won't be getting season tickets next year, but there's probably 1 or 2 we'll go to.  So with that...the end!

0 comments: