Tuesday, December 7, 2010

It's Been One of Those Days

Trent is sick.  Nothing major, just a cold.  But it's not fun to pin your child to the floor with your feet to put drops in his eyes and wipe the crusties off his face (all while he's screaming).  And of course Brent left for work training this morning in Dallas.  Sigh.  I submitted a bunch of forms in at work and my counselor butchered them.  Sigh.  I have a bunch of big fat question marks on my Christmas list.  I don't like any of our pictures for a Christmas card.  The holidays shouldn't be stressful but they always seem to be (and I don't like that).  Sigh.  So I'm eating Pillsbury icing straight out of the canister.  And it's definitely making me feel better. {grin}  What do you do when it's just 'one of those days'?

8 comments:

Hanna said...

Eat ice cream out of the tub. Haha! In the last 3 weeks, we've ALL had the barfs and at least one cold. Jonathan's been at work late a lot too. I can't seem to get enough done fast enough for the holidays this year. I often wonder what I did with all of my time pre-child. (sigh) It's a good thing our kids are so dang cute huh? Keep your chin up. And think about me pinning my child to the changing table to suction her nose while she screams and showers me with snot. You're never alone!! Aahhh...the lives of mommas...

A Real Housewife said...

I sympathize with you, Allena! Poor baby, Trent!! I am not looking forward to doing that to Nolan...

Lately what do I do? I cry. That seems to be the norm with a new mommy, though. My emotions are crazy these days!

Jenni said...

I made Frank go out and by me a candy bar last night. Never enough time in the day....

KristenW said...

I call you.

Anonymous said...

I handle "those days" one of two ways....I either give myself a kick in the pants, make a to-do list and get some stuff accomplish so I don't feel as overwhelmed OR, I say "screw it" and take Wyatt to the mall, stop at the Cookie Company and avoid my house and all my responsibilities all together. The later makes you feel better temporarily...Sorry friend!

Kelly said...

I cry. Ask Keith...I could probably rival Trent with my outbursts! Hang in there girl!

Mrs SarahB said...

If I don't pass out from exhaustion I try to read. Right now Chelsea Handler's memoirs are really doing the trick. Laughing is the best therapy!

JulieBird said...

Depending on how drastic I need to go - bubble bath or lots of cookie dough!