Monday, April 5, 2010

Stream of Consciousness

Whew! I'm exhausted. Trent has had more night wakings after going 4 nights without. Saturday night he was awake from 11p-2a. That makes for 1 tired mama. Is it his teeth? 2 MORE are coming through for a total of SEVEN. We tried teething tablets tonight, so we'll see. Today was day 2 of school. Trent slept for about 40 minutes TOTAL when he normally sleeps 2-4 hours during the day. He was in bed asleep by 5:50. Poor, tired little guy. I hope tonight goes okay. I hope day 3 goes okay at school too. Here's a duh statement for you - parenting is rough! I totally don't mind getting up in the night if Trent needs me. What I do mind is not knowing if he needs me or not. I keep telling myself it would be so nice if he could just tell me what he needs. Of course I know once he's talking, we'll have a whole new set of problems! My brain is made of jell-o....zzzzz..... After 9 months of nursing, how can I STILL be getting clogged ducts? YOW! Okay, back to work.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

He might be waking up more in the middle of the night because he's not sleeping as well during the day. I know it sounds silly but Jillian always sleep better at night when she's slept well during the day and vice versa. I bet once he gets used to his new routine he'll be back on track. Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

Oh hang in there honey! You know you are my hero! :)

plauschinat said...

I hope Trent is sleeping better. My biggest shock about parenting...I thought that after about three months or so all kids slept through the night all the time. And then I had Jordan and found out how wrong I was...