Wednesday, May 1, 2013

It's My Life


I read about a challenge to blog every day in May on Story of My Life. The idea really intrigued me because I feel like my life and blog are a little stale right now. Baby...toddler...postpartum updates...done. I thought this could be a really fun way to get back to the basics of blogging. Maybe make some new friends along the way as well. So let's get started! 

Today's topic: The story of your life in 250 words or less.






I was born in Temple, TX in 1980 as the younger daughter of 2 teachers. My parents moved to their current house to a small suburb of Austin, TX before I turned 1. I am beyond proud to be a native Texan and love my state.


I had a very happy and stable childhood. My sister was my best friend until puberty hit. Then she hated me for about 10 years. We 'made up' when we realized how helpful a sibling could be when trying to hide stuff from your parents while in college. (Hi Mom!!)

I started dating a boy when I was 16. He became my first serious boyfriend. He became my husband at 24. There was a lot of drama in between, but he is still my favorite person.


I followed family tradition and went to Texas A&M. I did not follow family tradition and majored in accounting instead of education. Almost 10 years later, I still work for the same accounting firm where I began my career. My plan was to work there 2 years.

My sweets and I have 2 wonderful children. Trent, our son, is almost 4, and Drew, our daughter, is 4 months (tomorrow)!


I live 3 miles from my parents and 10 from my in-laws. My family is very important to me. {grin} I love books, chai lattes, pedicures, shopping, gabbing with my girlfriends, my church, and the Aggies to name a few. I hope to travel with Brent, and I look forward to growing old with my best friend.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love! Makes me so happy that you are going to blog daily. No pressure :) AP

Dee Stephens said...

Love hearing more about you! Can't believe you and hubby have been together that long!! ;-)

Karen M. Peterson said...

Aww, I didn't know you and your hubby were high school sweethearts. That's so cute!