Sunday, May 5, 2013

A Reminder

Day 5 of Blog Every Day in May: Publicly profess your love and devotion for one of your blogger friends.



I'm going to put a little spin on today's topic. I love reading blogs. It is one of my favorite pasttimes, and I wonder sometimes what I did with the time I spend blogging before there were blogs? 

But for the most part it's fun fluff. Everyone writes about what they want to {usually the good}: I get to see cute outfits, adorable kids, recipes that look yummy that I know I'll never cook. Very rarely does a blog have a true impact on my life. One has, and she doesn't even blog anymore...although I wish she did.

Kristen Plauschinat was my sister's best friend for a long part of our childhood. I have known Kristen for over 20 years. Are we close? No. But we do have a lot of shared memories. A little over 2 years ago, Kristen's daughter, Jordan, passed away from cancer before she even reached her second birthday. Kristen blogged about their experience (what I can only imagine to be a journey through hell). Since then she and her husband have had 2 more adorable girls, Harper and Ellison. Even though she doesn't blog anymore, I will never take her blog off my sidebar because every time I see her blog name, I think of Jordan...a little girl I never met...but a little girl who reminds me every day that life is short. When I see her blog, it reminds me to not take my children, or the time we have together, for granted. 

Speaking of my children, come back this afternoon to see Drew's 4 month update. {grin}


0 comments: