Monday, April 29, 2013

A Little Laugh at My Expense

I had lunch with my boss today to talk about some potential changes to my job when I go back in 5 weeks {ugh, devastating}. My parents normally keep Trent on Mondays, and they were keeping Drew too during my lunch. 

I started the day with Stroller Strides and got ready for lunch at my parents' house. You should have seen me leaving this morning loaded down with an unbelievable amount of stuff just for me to be gone for about 2 hours. A few key things happened...

  • Even with everything I had, I forgot my pump or a bottle for Drew. Luckily, Brent was able to bring over a bottle and my parents have a lot of my milk in their deep freeze. #besthusband. #worstmom.
  • I forgot clean underwear. So the choice was to wear sweaty, dirty underwear or go commando...to lunch...with my boss. I went with option #2. #awkward
  • Drew was mad about something. She refused to nurse and was just generally pissed at everyone. Which is how I left her with my parents and how I found her 2+ hours later. And she refused to drink the bottle.
So just think about how I felt today meeting my boss sans underwear thinking about my screaming/refusing to eat daughter! {grin} It was a successful lunch though with hopefully some changes in my future. I will of course blog about it when I know what's really happening!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are blogs for sharing everything? - B

Karen M. Peterson said...

That sounds like quite a day!