Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Postpartum Update

I've had a few questions about how I'm doing, so I thought I'd do a little update.

I would say most days I feel GOOD. That is a pretty significant improvement over just a few short weeks ago. Probably 50-75% of the time I have an undercurrent of anxiety running through me (constant butterflies in my stomach) which I wouldn't consider good BUT...it isn't suffocating me anymore. I don't really know how to describe the change in the way it feels - it's just less intense. A few weeks ago the anxiety was causing me to constantly cry. I was really shaky feeling all the time too and super nervous. Now it's just an annoying feeling. While I wish it would go away totally (and it will...patience...) this is SO much better! I'm excited for when I can say I feel GREAT, and I know I'll get there!

What I'm doing:

  • All my supplements...still going strong on those.
  • Therapy...going twice a month instead of every week. Last week was probably my best session, I feel like I'm still on a high from what we discussed. Again, it's hard to explain but my therapist just gets it.
  • Prayer/self-affirmation...I made a bunch of 'flash cards' for myself with positive things/scripture that help. I just read them over and over again and also have the 'Daily Affirm' app (get it, so good!) and am trying to really read more of the Bible/pray.
  • Earthing...ever heard of it? Essentially, a theory that connecting yourself to the earth for a little bit of time is good for your body and soul.
  • Exercise! I go to Stroller Strides 2-3X week and want to start going on walks on the other days.
  • Good old fashioned sunshine...I am going outside more and more with Drew and soaking up some Vitamin D.
So there you have it. I'll do just about anything to feel better faster, so if you have any suggestions...send 'em my way!


3 comments:

the blogivers said...

I just think it's so great that you weren't too proud to ask for help early on, and that you are taking such good care of yourself - a lot of people wouldn't have the courage to do those things! So good for you, and keep up the good work :)

Anonymous said...

All these things are good for us all to do! Glad things are going well. AP

Jenna said...

Im so proud of you... :)