Sunday, September 16, 2012

How 'Bout Them Apples?

*I wanted to sneak some apples into a recipe to see if I could get Trent to eat them and unknowingly get some fruit.  {Don't judge me, peeps.  You know we're facing this in his speech therapy.}

Chicken Apple Quesadillas
Ingredients:
-cooked, cup-up chicken
-sliced up apples (I peeled them, not sure you need to and chopped them really finely to be extra sneaky)
-grated cheese
-tortillas
I didn't put amounts because it can be as much or as little as you want.

1. Mix apples and chicken together.
2. Sprinkle a little cheese on 1/2 of a tortilla, add apple/chicken mix, sprinkle a little more cheese.
3. Fold tortilla in half to make quesadilla.
4. Cook in skillet until cheese is melted and quesadilla is crunchy.

B and I loved them.  T wouldn't try them...  I will still call it a victory because these were super easy to make and B enjoyed them - that in itself is almost a miracle!

*On Friday, for speech, I was to bring some apple.  We used apples last time and the goal was to get Trent to touch and interact with the apples.  He did!  This time, I brought some of the leftover apple from our quesadillas.  He and the therapist painted with the apples, then acted like dinosaurs and TRENT ATE 18 BITES OF APPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I almost cried when the therapist and I discussed his session.  What a big moment!

*Saturday night, I bought Snow White and the Huntsman off pay-per-view.  {Hopefully my apple reference isn't too far of a stretch with this story.}


PlotIn a twist to the fairy tale, the Huntsman ordered to take Snow White into the woods to be killed winds up becoming her protector and mentor in a quest to vanquish the Evil Queen.

Review: I would say this movie was okay.  Charlize Theron is fantastic as the Evil Queen (and I thought her creepy brother was great too).  Chris Hemsworth was also great as the Huntsman. Kristen Stewart?  Meh.  She was less twitchy than she is as Bella Swan, but overall, she's just not that interesting.  The plot was pretty good, but I'm glad this only cost me $5.

Good thing I like apples.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you finally got to see that movie! - Allison

Karen M. Peterson said...

Um, that's a really good (and sneaky!) idea!

Also, I totally loved Snow White and the Huntsman!