Thursday, September 13, 2012

Book Review: Belly Laughs

I am a big reader, duh.  When I was pregnant with Trent, I read a few pregnancy books and a few newborn books.  I didn't go overboard because I just didn't think I could process all the information that was out there.  One book that I didn't read, that I wish I had {based on other people's comments} was Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy.  I had a friend offer to loan it to me this time around, and even though I've done this whole pregnancy thing before, I still wanted to read it.


I honestly have to say I didn't enjoy it as much as I did.  Was Jenny spot-on with a lot of the pregnancy 'side effect'?  Yup.  But I just didn't laugh at her.  Maybe it is because I've done this before, but I think part of it might be that she covered so many topics in a short 160 page book.  Each chapter was only 2-3 pages and barely got into a topic.

I think the best fun pregnancy book I read was The Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy.  This book had me laughing out loud in parts.  Now, I did read this when I was pregnant with Trent, so maybe I was a little more impressionable then, but I definitely think this is the better read.


Did you have any favorites?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also loved "girlfriends guide to pregnancy"!