Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Weekend Recap

We had a great weekend!  Very low-key and relaxing, which is so nice in the middle of busy season for a CPA.  On Friday, actually, I decided to increase my part-time percentage at work.  I was at 90% and am moving to 95%.  I did it with mixed emotions.  I am doing the work, so I might as well get paid for it (pro), but I don't want to be doing the work (con)...but such is life right now.  It helps our family financially as Brent is still growing his business.  The best part?  We are going to get a cleaning lady again!!!  That in itself was probably the best part of the weekend - ha!

Anyway, Brent and I rented 50/50.  We both really enjoyed it.  I did cry a few times, and Brent kept looking at me asking if I was crying.  I finally told him to stop looking at me if he didn't want to know if I was crying.  But even with a few tears, this was a really great movie!


And Sunday was Broadway Across America night - and it was WICKED!!!  This is still my favorite play of all time.  Now, granted, I've only seen about 10 plays, but this is leaps and bounds my #1.


Trent also got another successful haircut!  And we spent a lot of time with my sis and the kiddos got along good.


So overall a really good weekend.  Too bad work has to get in the way of such great times...

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Bummer about work! But I agree that if you are already doing the extra work then you should definitely get paid for it!

Karen M. Peterson said...

50/50 has been on my list for awhile. I need to get it from Netflix.

LOVE Wicked. I've seen probably 10-15 shows, too and Wicked is by far my favorite.

STACEY said...

What kind of business is Brent starting up?
I saw Wicked for the first time this past Tuesday & I loved it! It was awesome!