Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My First Zumba Class

It's only January 4, and I have already crossed an item off my {unpublished} 2012 Project 52 list!  This afternoon, Rhonda and I tried our first Zumba class.  

Pros:
-It was a workout.
-Great music.

Cons:
-No clue what I was doing 70% of the time.
-Instructor was no help.

The instructor would just shout out phrases at us like 'hips', 'hands up', 'shake it'.  Um...what?  No directions, no explanation of what we were actually supposed to be doing.  So you just had to watch her (or the WAY too skinny girl who was actually very good) and hope you figured it out. Ugh.  I got frustrated a few times.

Overall, I want to try it again (and also with a different instructor).  I think once I get the hang of it, it would be a lot of fun.

Anyone else tried it?  Is this a normal experience?

5 comments:

Unknown said...

good luck with your second class hope its better for you next time! I am going to my first class on Sunday eeek....

Kelly said...

I can't believe you did Zumba! haha! I haven't ever done it. I never could find a partner to go with and I am not about to do that alone! Good for you and Rhonda!

Kathryn said...

I love zumba! It really is fun when you get the hang of it. It isn't like your traditional aerobic class where the instructor tells you what to do..they just kind of do the moves and you follow. But after awhile you learn what to do..I hope your next class is better!

KristenW said...

I'm sure it was because it was your first time. I wanted to walk out of Bikram the first time for the same reasons.. it will get better:)

Karen M. Peterson said...

I have a friend who teaches Zumba and I've been wanting to go to her class. She is really great at helping out newbies.