Monday, January 23, 2012

Book Club Review: Before I Go to Sleep

We had our 4th book club meeting last night.  It was our first meeting since Heather and Kit moved to New Zealand.  It was noon on Monday, so Heather was able to Skype in for the meeting, which was super fun!  As per usual, we consumed a little too much wine and hummus, talked a lot about the book but a lot more about other {somewhat inappropriate} topics and had a great time!



Book synopsis:
Memories define us.
So what if you lost yours every time you went to sleep?
Your name, your identity, your past, even the people you love—all forgotten overnight. And the one person you trust may be telling you only half the story.
Welcome to Christine’s life.

Review: Best bookclub book to-date!  I couldn't put it down.  I didn't expect to this to be such a mystery/suspenseful book, and it was!  I was a little worried it would be super repetitive with the constant re-telling of facts every morning, but it really wasn't.  The author did a great job of keeping the story interesting while having to redo certain things every day.  Overall, it was SOOO good.

Next up - The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm adding this to my list of books to read...it sounds good. I rarely read non-fiction, but Tipping Point was one that found it's way through the barrier and I absolutely loved it. It was such a quick, interesting read...enjoy!

Kelly said...

It was a good book!!!!