Saturday, January 14, 2012

A Tale

Once upon a time there was a young maiden.  (Okay, okay, she was really a young-ish madam, but it sounds better this way.  So go with it.)  She had a good life.  A husband who loved her.  The most adorable son in the whole world.  (Seriously, MOST adorable)  A job that provided for her family.  Great family and friends.  She should have been fulfilled and content.  

But she wasn't.  

She thought her husband should help more around the house.  She thought he should help more with the (most adorable) son.  She wanted to work less.  Work was, in fact, very stressful at times.  She was ready for another baby, but the finances weren't quite right.  Basically she felt sorry for herself.

She took her frustration out on her husband.  She griped at him and gave him 'advice'.  She didn't have the patience she should with her (wonderful) son.  She complained to her friends about work.  She wasn't really fun to be around.

One day, she got several messages from above.  She talked to her BFF.  She realized she was really looking at things the wrong way.  She needed to be thankful she had a husband who loved her.  She should have felt blessed to have a job that put a roof over her head and food in her mouth.  She should be happy that she got to work less than full-time.  She should be appreciative of her family and friends that were always there for her.  She apologized to her husband. She thanked her BFF for listening and providing counsel.

And she SNAPPED OUT OF IT.  And is going to try really hard to remember life's blessings rather than focusing on what she wants next in life.  But she might falter, and that's okay.  For she has great people to put her back on track.

The end.



5 comments:

the blogivers said...

I hate seasons like that... but that's great that you have a BFF who will help you keep it real! My twin sis is always good about that, even if I don't always initially appreciate it :)

Kelly said...

I had lunch with Hilary and today and proceeded to spend the remainder of the day crying. Now I have a headache and puffy eyes. Keith has been wonderfully supportive and held me for a long time and just let me cry. I feel sorry for myself right now...not going to lie...but then I read posts like this and look over at my adorable husband and realize that life is okay and although I have had some obstacles as of late I still have it pretty good. :)

KristenW said...

Best post ever!! ;) Great attitude, my dear. You are a very special person.. and quite wise and faithful to be able to carry on with this perspective. Love you and am proud of you!

The Krause's said...

Love this post! BFF's are amazing!! Chin up :)

Karen M. Peterson said...

Sometimes it's really hard to remember to enjoy the things we have when we're looking forward to the things we want.

I'm glad you have such great and supportive people in your life. It makes such a difference.