Monday, October 17, 2016

How to Celebrate 12 Years of Marriage

On one hand, an anniversary is a special moment. But on the other, it's just another day. So while I wanted to spend some 1-on-1 time with my sweetie, I didn't expect us to spend the whole day together. We chose not to go away this year, so we decided to just go to dinner. He watched a little bit of football with his friends and promised me a foot rub for my sore, sore feet - that is what marriage is all about - compromise!

I found it interesting that our priest touched on marriage during his homily and went through his 4 points for success:
1) Prayer
2) Patience
3) Forgiveness
4) Perseverance

I love that he touches on this a few times throughout the year - always a good reminder! 

We went to dinner at a local restaurant, George's on the Town, and it was so yummy! Good conversation, good food, a good time!


When we got home, parenting duties called. I snapped the cutest pics of my sleeping family. {grin} Our night ended quite a bit differently 12 years ago, but I must say, I wouldn't trade the nights!


I did pull out our wedding photo album which I hadn't looked at in a while. I definitely enjoyed the walk down memory lane.


And that was our anniversary! I enjoy celebrating each year and also look forward to what the future is going to hold - I know year 13 is going to bring a lot of changes {hello growing family}, but I am very excited!

3 comments:

Emily said...

I always say that any celebration is a marriage success. 2 years ago I was traveling for work and our anniversary celebration was a 2-minute: "happy anniversary. I love you. Now put Aaron on the phone" conversation.

Kathryn Bagley said...

Sounds like a perfect night!

BG said...

Quit hogging the bed, Drew