Friday, October 14, 2016

Baby Smoochie - 32 Weeks

32 weeks! So excited to be at this point and shocked at the same time. I had an appointment at 31 weeks and go again at 34 weeks. My 31 week appointment showed I am measuring 33 cm {shocker}, but everything is good. Smoochie's heart rate was in the low 140s, and all my tests were good.


How far along: 32 weeks

Size of baby: 3.5-4 pounds, 15-17 inches, a squash

Weight gain: At my appointment last week, it was 26 pounds. That's 3 pounds since 24 weeks which feels good since that was the 9 pound gainer. Trending a little more than with Drew, but I'm not unhappy with where I am.


Gender: I keep envisioning a boy and a girl and I am giddy over either. I won't lie that girl clothes are a lot more fun, but I really just want a baby that looks like Trent and Drew {since they look so much alike}. I have given up hoping I get a baby with Brent's blue eyes, ha.

Maternity clothes: Man, I am starting to outgrow some of my shirts. I so love when this happens. I am definitely ready for sweater weather {which is easily a month away} so I can wear my super long sweaters with leggings and riding boots. Come on Texas weather, get it together!

Movement: We have a major Mexican jumping bean here. I am so thankful because this baby never lets me worry. There are numerous active periods throughout the day.


Sleep: Not too bad! I am definitely getting up to go to the bathroom almost every night, but I haven't had restless leg in several days which is amazing!

Symptoms: Things have actually lightened up a little which has been so nice. I definitely can overdo it if I'm not careful because I get tired really easily, but I feel better which is nice. Still sciatica and trouble getting off the floor or out of the bed

Cravings: No real cravings. I still wish I could eat candy all day long {but that isn't pregnancy related, ha}. I do notice I'm not as hungry and can't eat as much without getting full. Still gaining weight though, boo.


What I miss: I think I would just say being able to move comfortably. I have to be super careful when I get up and get out of bed or it will really hurt my back.

Best moment of the week: This was technically last week, but my appointment last week was so amazing. I love my practice so much. First, I saw online that Texas passed a law that you don't have to go to court to get your placenta released. So that in itself was amazing news, but I don't trust the internet. My appointment this past week was with Liane {the midwife who delivered Drew}, and she said not only was it true, but she got to testify before the senate committee that passed it into law to help get the law passed. Amazing! Then we were talking about circumcisions. If this baby is a boy, I am dreading the circumcision - I dreaded it with Trent and will dread it again. And she was talking about how they, as a practice, try to provide every comfort measure possible to make the procedure as peaceful and un-traumatic as possible - I love that as a group that spends probably 97% of their time with women would be so thoughtful to think about that procedure. That really gave me peace about it should Smoochie be a boy.

Worst moment of the week: I was stressing about the nursery over the weekend because the painter who was going to paint some stripes on the wall is a total flake, and I was sick of waiting on him. BUT the upside is I decided on a new vision for the nursery, and I am SUPER excited. The room is cleaned out, and I am hoping to paint this weekend and MAYBE even put the crib together... And if it doesn't all get done this weekend, I know if for sure can by next! So I guess my worst moment turned out not so bad. 

My big baby sitting on my little baby

Other random stuff: I got us pre-registered at the hospital. So exciting!

Belly button watch: Trent asked earlier this week 'What happened to your belly button?' Yup, bud, it's gone!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited about the nursery!! I can't wait to see it!

Chelsea said...

You look great :) Happy Friday Chelsea @ http://thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

Kathryn Bagley said...

omg Stephanie!! cute pic of you and drew :)

Kathryn Bagley said...

So much suspense! Nursery? gender? lol